Indeed, I am happy to see the back of August. First, my heart goes out to our neighbours in Haiti. We felt the effects of the earthquake that struck Haiti. A scary experience for sure, one which I hope never to repeat. Soon after we had a visit from Tropical Storm Grace. Although it passed on the outskirts of the island, it still did some serious damage. Then, before we had time to get over Grace, Ida dumped heavy rains on the island before moving on and becoming a hurricane. In addition to all of this, I lost a relative and three co-workers to COVID.
COVID cases are once again on the rise. We were placed on semi-lockdown for two weeks, which involved seven no movement days. While on the days we were allowed to move around curfew began at 7:00pm and ended at 5:00 am.
I read twelve (12) books in and posted reviews for ten. Here is the list of books that were read and reviewed. What If You and Me was read in July.
- [3 Aug] What If You & Me by Roni Loren ★★★★★
- [5 Aug] Sprinkles and Sea Serpents by Danielle Garrett ★★★½
- [9 Aug] Such a Good Wife by Seraphina Nova Glass ★★★★
- [10 Aug] A Thin Disguise by Catherine Bybee ★★★
- [16 Aug] The Wildest Ride by Marcella Bell ★★★★½
- [19 Aug] Sweet, Sexy Heart by Melissa Foster ★★★★★
- [23 Aug] Dirty Desires by Nicole James ★★★★
- [24 Aug] Play For Me by Tam Derudder Jackson ★★★½
- [25 Aug] Sing For Me by Tam Derudder Jackson ★★★½
- [26 Aug] Muses & Melodies by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★½
- [30 Aug] It Takes Heart by Tif Marcelo ★★★
The books read in August but reviewed for September are
Books Read- 12
Total Books completed to date – 96
Average days per book – 2.8
Total Pages Read to date- 29,734
I completed The New Release Challenge. I am now at forty percent (40%) of The Kindle Unlimited Challenge, seventy-seven (77%) of The Audio Book Challenge, ninety- four percent (94%) for COYER and seventy- seven (77%) in the A-Z reading challenge. At the time of me writing this post I was thirty (30) books ahead in my Goodreads Challenge.
Favourite Book of the Month
A sample of the books I plan to read in September
How was your reading for August?
Did you have any stand out reads? Looking for recommendations so let me know in the comments.
- Cut and Run by Annabelle Lewis - December 2, 2021
- Blog Tour: Featuring Rainbow Rowell, Suzanne Redfearn, J. Courtney Sullivan & Chandler Baker - December 1, 2021
- Dead Cat, Run by Annabelle Lewis - November 30, 2021