Welcome to my monthly wrap-up for October 2021.
October came and just when I thought it would end an uneventful note the most bizarre thing occurred. Cult activities came to light. I know cults exist, but I never expected that one would develop roots here. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the gullibility of the persons who got caught up in this situation. Signing over their assets and voluntarily giving up their lives because of their faith in the leader to raise them from the dead. Then in a strange twist of events the leader of the cult died in a motor vehicle accident while on the way to court to be charged. Sounds like the makings of a thriller, right?
On a personal level the month was uneventful for which I am grateful. Lockdowns has been lifted, but we still have nightly curfews. However, usual, there are persons who refuse to adhere to the rules.
Reading wise, October was a good month. I had the pleasure of reading three books worthy of five stars. The last one being Malignant by Michaelbrent Collings. It made a lasting impression on me. This story will definitely stay with me for quite sometime.
- [2 Oct] Cold As Ice by Toni Anderson ★★★★½
- [4 Oct] The Silent Witness by Carolyn Arnold ★★★★★
- [5 Oct] Broken Sparrow by Chelle Bliss ★★★½
- [7 Oct] Chance of a Lifetime by Jude Deveraux, Tara Sheets ★★★★
- [12 Oct] Don't Look Now by Mary Burton ★★★★
- [15 Oct] Mistletoe Christmas: An Anthology by Eloisa James, Christi Caldwell, Janna MacGregor, Erica Ridley ★★★½
- [18 Oct] House of Dragons by K.A. Linde ★★★★½
- [19 Oct] Red Sin by Aleatha Romig ★★★★
- [20 Oct] One More Kill by Carolyn Arnold ★★★★
- [21 Oct] My Girl by Dorothy Ewels ★★★½
- [26 Oct] Indigo Ridge by Devney Perry ★★★★★
- [28 Oct] Mercy Creek: by M.E. Browning ★★★★
- [31 Oct] Malignant by Michaelbrent Collings ★★★★★
Books Read- 12
Total Books completed to date – 121
Average days per book – 3.2
Total Pages Read to date – 37,825
Challenges in progress
- Kindle Unlimited: Forty- three percent (43%)
- Audiobook: Ninety-three Percent (93%)
- A – Z: seventy- seven (77%)
What I Plan to Read Next
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: