April was turning out to be a pretty good month until the final week when everything went topsy-turvy. The undesirable customer service of the banks, made worse by COVID, makes me dread having to deal with them. The bank which holds my loan and from which I received my credit card, upgraded their credit card platform. However, the upgrade affected not only the credit card platform, but also online transfers and bill payments. Bottom line monies I transferred from my salary account did not make it into the account I used for paying my bills. No one could tell me where my money went. As a result, I could not make my credit card and loan payments on time. I am now saddled with a late payment fee and the bank refuses to take responsibility. If that was not bad enough when the funds were credited to my salary account, I went into the bank to make the payments. I did not want to risk making another online transfer. Huge mistake. It took four (4) hours before I got through with my transactions. So I spent the last week of April trying to sort through this mess, which has left me tired and frustrated.
- [3 Apr] Her Dark Lies by J.T. Ellison ★★★★
- [5 Apr] 330 Love Ln by Mika Jolie ★★★★
- [6 Apr] Southern Heart by Natasha Madison ★★★★½
- [9 Apr] My True Love by Melissa Foster ★★★★½
- [12 Apr] Grimoires and Gingerbread: A Sugar Shack Witch Mystery Christmas Novella by Danielle Garrett ★★★★
- [14 Apr] Undercurrent by Kaylea Cross ★★★★
- [16 Apr] Stolen Daughters by Carolyn Arnold ★★★★½
- [20 Apr] The Marriage He Demands by Brenda Jackson ★★★½
- [22 Apr] A Change in Tide by Freya Barker ★★★★
- [26 Apr] How to Save an Undead Life by Hailey Edwards ★★★½
- [27 Apr] Wright with Benefits by K.A. Linde ★★★★½
- [27 Apr] One Wright Stand by K.A. Linde ★★★★
- [29 Apr] Her Child to Protect by Delores Fossen ★★★★
- [30 Apr] Scorched by Darkness by Felicity Heaton ★★★★★
Books Read and Reviewed
I read fourteen (14) books in April and posted reviews for them all.
Books Read- 14
Total Books completed to date – 50
Average days per book – 1.9
Total Pages Read to date- 14,856
I am at fifty-two percent (52%) of The New Release Challenge, thirty percent (13%) of The Kindle Unlimited Challenge, thirty-seven percent (37%) of The Audio Book Challenge, seventy-two (72%) in the Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge, sixty-two (62%) into COYER and fifty-eight percent (58%) in the A-Z reading challenge At, the time of me writing this post I was eighteen (18) books ahead in my Goodreads Challenge.
Favourite Book of the Month
A Sample of the Books Scheduled for May
By now you would have heard that feed burner will be discontinuing their email subscription service. If you are a current email subscriber and wish to remain on the list of subscribers would you consider signing up using either of the following:
WordPress Email Service
Bloglovin Follow by Email
How was your reading for the month of April? What are you planning to read in April?
I am linking this post to the Monthly Wrap-Up at Feed Your Fiction Addiction.