I am invested in the Only One series and could not wait to dive into the fifth book, 📚Only One Regret. A sweet, steamy friends to lovers romance, it will have you longing for ice chips to cool down, as you follow Erica and Cooper on their transition from friends to lovers.
Title: Only One Regret
Cooper Erika I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
Author(s): Natasha Madison
Series: Only One #5
Also in this series: Only One Kiss , Only One Chance , Only One Night , Only One Touch , Only One Mistake
Published by Self-published on October 19, 2021
Genre(s): Contemporary Sports Romance
My name came with big skates to fill. At the top of my game, I had everything I wanted - or so I thought. Being traded to Dallas was not what I was expecting, but neither were the divorce papers I was served. Now I’m a single dad in a city that isn’t my home.
Handed my biggest client when I was 22 made my dreams come true. Over time, our work relationship changed, and we grew closer, leaning on each other for support. He was my rock, my best friend. Then one drunken night changed everything, and I saw what was in front of me all along. I just hope that, when the dust settles, we won’t regret it.
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
While reading this book, I discovered that the hero Cooper is the son and grandson of the heroes featured in the Something So series. Now I have a new series to add to my reading list. Anyway, not to digress, I had a good time with this story.
Cooper’s career began in New York City, however aiming to please his wife, he traded to Dallas. It seemed, however, it was not enough, as she served him with divorce papers. Feeling like a failure, he turned to the one person who always had his back, his agent and best friend Erica.
The attraction between Erica and Cooper sizzled and popped, but they failed to see what everyone else saw. It took a night of partying for the line between friends and lovers to get blurred. Will they regret that one night of pleasure and move on, or will they risk their friendship and fuel the attraction between them?
📚Only On Regret had a different vibe from the previous books in the series. I found it to be a comfortable and relaxing read. Drama and angst free with a little humour infused at the appropriate time.
What I Liked about 📚Only One Regret
- The Romance: Sweet with lots of steam thrown in for good measure. The transition from friends to lovers happened seamlessly. I believe the fact they understood each other so well helped to cement their relationship.
- The Characters: A strong and independent heroine who has a caring heart and who will bend over backwards for her best friend and his daughters. She worked hard to achieve success as a sports agent and she is good at what she does. A single dad who puts his daughters’ well being before anything else. A man who is not afraid to own up to his mistakes. One who turns the heads of the ladies, but only has eyes for the one woman who always has his back. A man who knows the true meaning of being faithful.
- Writing Style: Madison pulls her readers in with her solid and engaging writing style. The way she portrayed each character will have you invested in every aspect of their relationship.
As you can see, I enjoyed this installment. However, I had one issue. More of Erica’s history was needed. No details were provided in relation to her family background and her reason for choosing a career as a sports agent.
Overall, 📚Only One Regret was delightful read. Fans of the friends to lovers trope should consider adding this one to their reading list. You will have no regrets.
- Knight of Runes by Ruth A. Casie - January 23, 2022
- Guest Post with Elicia Roper, Author of All That You Are - January 19, 2022
- Green Envy by Aleatha Romig - January 18, 2022